Even though a picture can be worth a thousand words, that doesn’t mean it has to cost you a thousand bucks.
If finding cheap or free stock photos for your business or blog has you frequently pulling out your hair, then this post is for you.
I’ve spent hours scouring the internet and investigating the best resources for both cheap and free stock photos, and am happy to share my designer approved resources with you!
Consider bookmarking this post, as I plan to keep it updated as I discover new resources for Stock Photography!
Where to Find Free Stock Photos
Please note that although these free stock photo sites say they are commercial use friendly, you should be responsible and double check the image copyright before use!
- Death To Stock
- Start Up Stock Photos (Yes, it’s really CU okay!)
- Life of Pix
- Travel Coffee Book
- New Old Stock
- Designers Pics
- Little Visuals
- Negative Space
- Crow the Stone
- Libre Shot
- Fancy Crave
- BigStock (Offers a 1 free image per month plan with card on file.)
- Shay Cochrane (Offers free stock photos in her monthly newsletter!)
- Rosemary Watson (Offers free stock photos to her newsletter subscribers!)
- CreateHerStock (Offers free stock photos to newsletter subscribers!)
- Haute Chocolate (Offers free stock photos to newsletter subscribers!)
Best of the Best Cheap Stock Photos
When I need an extra special or unique image without breaking the bank, these are my go-to photographers & stock photo sites:
- Shay Cochrane (Not cheap, but deserves credit for starting the “styled stock” movement.)
- Rosemary Watson
- Haute Chocolate (My favorite source for this site!)
- Show It Better
- Kate Maxwell
- Anna Delores
- Citrus and Cinnamon
- White Hart Design Studio
I promise to update this list as I find more sites that offer high quality, commercial use okay stock photos. Considering pinning it for easy reference!